Takata Airbag Safety Recall
What is the Takata Recall?
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says there will be 65-70 million defective Takata airbag inflators recalled by 19 automakers by the end of 2019.
- Roughly 41.6 million vehicles equipped with 56 million defective Takata airbags, are now under recall.
- Toyota is committed to providing a zero-hassle replacement of Takata airbags, including free loaners or free pickup.
Why is this important to you?
- Sharp, metal fragments could spray directly at occupants if these defective airbags deploy, increasing the risk of serious injury or even death.
- 19 automakers are affected by this recall, and according to NHTSA, these incidents have tragically claimed 16 lives industry-wide.
- This is an urgent safety recall and the repair is free and easy.
Nobody keeps your Toyota running in top Toyota shape better than our Toyota Certified Technicians.
© 2022 Southeast Toyota Distributors, LLC. All rights reserved. Toyoguard is provided by Southeast Toyota Distributors, LLC and is not a product of Toyota.
© 2021 Southeast Toyota Distributors, LLC. All rights reserved. Toyoguard is provided by Southeast Toyota Distributors, LLC and is not a product of Toyota.